Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Jonah Man Jazz

Hi guys!
So, last night I had an idea (yep, I get them sometimes!) and I am gonna try to do a bible study thru my blog. The idea is so that as I learn stuff, I can share it with you guys and you can leave comments/questions.

So (if you have'nt already guessed I'm reading from the book of Jonah!)
If I asked anyone what the book of Jonah was all about, you'd probably say it's about a whale or big fish, or maybe it's about Jonah himself, or it's a story of warning.
Jonah is one of the best known books in the old testament, and the least understood.
The reality is it's about God.
It's basically a love story.
It describes the overwhelming consumimg love that God has for ALL human beings.
"People have looked SO hard at the great fish that they have failed to see the great God"
(G. Campbell Morgan)
#any comments on whether you think this is a good idea or not are welcomed muchley!#

No comments: