Friday, November 25, 2005

Busy for God ?

Jonah 2:7
I've found that we can all drift in and out of 'fake faith', where we follow the basic rules of christianity but have little day-to-day interaction with God.
Ironically, 'busy' christians fall into this trap, we become so busy for Christ that we have little or no time to be with God. We can get lost in the blur of doing things and forget the real reason we are here.
When Jonah reset his compass for Nineveh, he also turned back to face God. Repentance (yep, that word again!) means running headlong into the arms of the Lord.
The prodical son ran home, not just to jewellery, a bbq and new clothes - but, first and foremost, to his father's hug.
I think we could all do with having a hug from God!
Love you x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooo so cud I!!! ya ya ya! I always say that - like when I get 2 heaven and see Jesus....I really wana give him a huge hug b4 anythin else!! I bet hes got the best hugs EVA! dya rekon u can?! or are we just floaty spirits?? oo I bet theres a special floaty spirit hugs hehe hmmm..... xxxxx