Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Work it out!

It is my 4th day back at work and I'm kinda back into my everyday rhythm. (It sucks!)
Also, while we have been away I did no exercise (other than walking and swimming!) and today I had a proper work-out at work. (we've got weights and a sit up bench and a pull up bar.Its pretty cool in the warehouse!) and I found it really difficult to get back in to it.

For example; Before holiday I was lifting three sets of 12 reps of 15KG with minimum effort and I'd upped to 20KG of reps of 8 with three reps (with a little struggle!) And now when I come back I'm stuggling to do 15's at all!

But today I really pushed myself and feel a lot better for doing so. It was tough.

I reckon the same can be applied to our christian life. If you can force yourself into a routine of praying at a certain time and reading the bible at a certain time you will see results!

Its all about discipline.

And just like with the work out, if we ignore the everyday things like prayer and bible reading, its SO much harder to get back into a routine.

Did you know... it takes a third of the time it took to build muscle to lose it.

So if you've been trainig for three years, it only takes one year to get back to your original fitness level. What a bummer!

So remember "we're better than you . . . and we know it!"

No comments: