Thursday, January 20, 2005

How not to pray

For about a month now I have been reading a book called 'How not to pray' by Jeff Lucas (the guy is FUNNY!)And it has had loads of crazy scenes in it and told me various things about prayer that I would not have considered otherwise. However it has not helped me to pray better, I still forest gump my way through prayer-out-loud. Then this morning I opened one of J's books to a page on prayer and began to read. I couldnt believe it! It answered all my previous questions on prayer. . . .

"How can I pray? My thaughts wander and I have no discipline. How can I get off the ground?. . . .
You're not alone in your desire. 'Teach us to pray', said Christ's diciples. No mature Christian that I have ever met has left the learners' lane when it comes to prayer. But lets not stay defeated on the ground, dolefully signalling for the ambulance. Just begin.
Get into the habbit - as you wake up - of greeting the glorious trinity! Another day of adventure on planet Earth - with the Lord Jesus Christ!
Anyhoo, I gotta go and finish reading this chapter on prayer and then race on need for speed underground 2 !!!

No comments: