Monday, January 10, 2005

Christian ROCK !

I dont know if any of you have noticed, but the class of christian music recentley has been very high. When I were a nipper the most alternative you could get was PETRA (if you havent heard them then check them out, if you have then you will know exactly what i mean!). Some of the bands that I am enjoying at the moment are . . . delirious, jars of clay, dc talk, toby mac, the supertones, the insyderz, lifehouse, switchfoot, five iron frenzy and relient k.
I borrowed the relient k album off Rod (of Rod in the Pod, no less!) and its REALLY good. The heavy side of the album has got elements of very good secular bands, like . . . NOFX, the ataris, blink 182, the get up kids and jimmy eat world (check out these bands if you dont know of them already) and the quieter, more chilled side to the album is kinda like keane and ben folds five.
One of the songs has a really cool lyric . . .

" When it all seems too much to bear.
The end will justify the pain it took to get us there."

3 comments:

Simon Bridgwater said...

Relient K are great. How about we do a little swapsie? I'll lend you my Relient K album and you can lend me umm.... something else!

James said...

Switchfoot are very cool!

There is so much good Christian music now, it's very cool, and it's about time. I have nothing against Cliff Richard, and I have to admire what he did with Mistletoe and Wine, but he just doesn't cut it anymore.

Rock on.

rwj said...

the christian rock scene is massive.. with bands like switchfoot and supertones reaching the charts.. and P.O.D selling out in every venue they play..my faverite christian bands are pillar, dc talk, delerious, switchfoot, justifide and of cause P.O.D(payable on death) plenty of great music all round...tobymac rules