Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Stars

Maybe I've been part of the problem
Maybe I'm the one to blame
But even when I turn it off and blame myself the outcome feels the same
I've been thinking maybe I've been partly cloudy
Maybe I'm the chance of rain
And maybe I'm overcast and maybe all my luck's washed down the drain
I've been thinking about everyone
Everyone you look so lonely
But when I look at the stars I see someone else
When I look at the stars I feel like myself
Stars looking at a planet
watching entropy and pain
And maybe start to wonder how the chaos in our lives could pass as sane
I've been thinking of the meaning of resistance
of a hope beyond my own
And suddenly the infinate and penitent begin to look like home
I've been thinking about everyone
Everyone you look so empty
Everyone, everyone we feel so lonely
Everyone, everyone we feel so empty
When I look at the stars I feel like myself
When I look at the stars I see somone

This is my favourite song off of the new switchfoot album. It rocks! You guys should deffinately check it out.
At first I thought I was'nt going to like it (it didnt have the initial impact that their previous album[beautiful letdown] had), but after a few times through it grows on you.
However, it has been captured by J's car stereo, never to be seen or heard of again!

2 comments:

Simon Bridgwater said...

Hello there mentor!

Anonymous said...

wooop switchfoot rule!!