Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lazy or what?!

It occured to me today that I've gotten kinda lazy.

Jon is like a lyric writing machine.
And I don't write too oftern now.
So I wrote this . . .
I wanna be who I'm supposed to be
I don't wanna be what I've become
I want me to be the real me
Because You sent Your Son
Low down
On the ground
Is where I am
It's where I deserve to be
Face down
Hide from the frown
On Your face
It's what I deserve to see
Walk tall
Never fall
It's what I am
And I don't deserve to be
Held tight
Treated right
In Your hands
Where I don't deserve to be
Skin torn
Crown of thorns
Taken my place
Where I deserve to be
Whipped and beat
Pierced hands and feet
On Calvary
Where I deserve to be
I've been really thanking God for the abundance of youth at our church at the moment. It really is a blessing to see young people CHOOSING to spend thier time in church.
The evangelical church by our house (the one that nearly burnt down) has an average attendance of about 15, and none of them are under the age of 40 !!!
It blows me away to see these little guys continuing their relationship with God (something that I struggled with!) and not only that, but taking on responsabilities within the church, like leading meetings.

No comments: