Friday, April 29, 2005

Gods will is . . .

I was really challenged today already (its only 7:30 am!), about my intentions towards the will of God for my life. It seems we (as christians) tend to be up for doing Gods will, so long as it benefits me in some way! This train of thought ties in with the cat/dog theology. However, if Gods plan is different to our own plan then we are a little less enthusiastic.
In extreme measures living by our faith must also mean willingness to die by our faith (see RWJ's blog from about a week ago).
Its a case of selflessness or selfishness.
Jesus obeyed the Fathers wishes, even though in human form He really didnt want to. (Luke 22:41-44)
Jesus chose to do Gods will, even if it cost Him His life.
It did.

2 comments:

Perfectpunk said...

1)your a perfectly fine drummer

2) why did writing about little people remind you of me?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you gotta have a good answer boy!!!!

Lemony Snickett said...

Andy . . . I erm . . . kinda looked down in the banya!
Only kidding!
Amys got nothing to worry about!
Only kidding!
I didnt look at your genetalia really!