Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Bone, Thugs and Harmony

Confused by the title of this post? . . .
Yesterday Jon (bone) handed me some lyrics he had been working on, and they are really good!
me and Jon had talked about working together on songs before, and after sharing the same bed in Russia, it seemed the natural progression! (only kidding!...but we did share a bed!) Anyway, this is the second song he's wrote and here it is . . . (hope he doesnt mind!) . . .
The Walk
One foot infront of the other, the path seems so familiar.
Maybe its because I've trod these roads so often before.
It doesnt matter which way I turn, it all becomes the same place.
The same people pass me by always saying hello.
Too quick to stop and speak, too fast to see them cry.
Ive walked this way for so long now ( with salvation on my tongue )
Ive walked this path for so long ( from these footsteps I found this song )
Ive mastered the walking, I almost had to run
Maybe just from boredom, maybe just for fun.
The path is so narrow its easy to fall
but I can see the lost now, and hear them call.
But I'll keep walking, Im gonna carry on,
Until Ive found my purpose, until my job is done.
This morning I sat down before I went to work, and prayed that God would enable me to write the chords to go to this song, and that what I would come up with would be the right style to get the message across. And the second I started to play, it fir into place perfectly!
Isnt God amazing?!
I even put it down on tape (so I wouldnt forget how the tune goes!) all in about 15 minutes.

No comments: