Friday, June 22, 2007

I am with you

After God reveals His plan for him, Gideon's insecurity kicks in.

"Who me?"
"Our clan is the least in Manasseh"
"I am the least of my family"
God reassures him with a firm . . . "I am with you"

Gods instruction to Gideon to "go in the strength you have" could be misunderstood to mean that God wanted Gideon to save Isreal on his own (through his own strength).
However, this statement "go in the strength you have" is directly connected to "I am with you".
So what God is more likely to be saying to Gideon is . . . .

"Walk in the strength that you have as a result of the revelation that God is with you".
For Gideon, the winepress represented survival and existance, grain for another sad day.

We can fall into this boring cycle too, going to work to earn money to by food to get strength to go to work . . .

But Gideon (and you & I) was born for SO much more.

Love you X

No comments: