Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dont worry . . . . Be HAPPY!

Over the last week or so I've been kinda struggling with some situations in my life, and my apparant inability to control (or change) these situations.
Things have been running through my mind and effecting my sleep and overall ability to function as a member of the human race.
Janine will probably recognise Ive had a few mood swings recently.
Anyway, through our daily bible study (Jeff Lucas) and in my own prayer time (sometimes at work instead of working!) God has made me realise that there is very few things in this world that I have any control over.

I am helpless.
I am vulnerable.
I am nothing without God.

This is what we need to realise in order to truely know what it means to give everything to God.
It isn't easy living the life of a Jesus follower.
The world is a bad place and says "Do whatever it takes to suceed". Whenever we stand against that and say "No! Theres another way" we open ourselves up for trouble.

We need to remember that we are in this world but not of it.

Third Day wrote a song called 'Wire' and its about walking the fine line (high wire) between this place we live in and the place we call home.

So if you are worrying about something as you are reading this, or (like me) just struggling with the lack of control in your life, just remember that its God whose in control of you and theres no way He's going to give you anything you can't deal with.

You're totally safe.

Don't worry . . . . be happy!

Love you x

No comments: