Sunday, March 06, 2005

Blessed are the lifters

(weight, not shop)

Anyhoo, I was at the gym this morning at 8:30 (yes Matt, theres two on a sunday!) and I realised that when someone is lifting a heavy weight, someone else usually 'spots' them. This involves standing by the lifter and making sure they are o.k with the weight and helping if the need arises.
This is kinda similar to the way 'older' christians should keep a watchful eye on the younger ones (giving them enough space to feel independant but being close enough to lend a helping hand if needed)
Plus, for the record . . .
"My name is Stephen and I'm addicted to E-Bay"
(Its supposed to help to admit it!)

7 comments:

rwj said...

dude thats so good that u can admit your problems!!!even if its E-bay...i sometimes find it hard to admit problems, but the only person you have to admit too already knows your addictions..weird,non?

tripleEggz

Simon Bridgwater said...

Theres an old saying that goes "eBay is the root of all things bad" or something like that.

It certainly leaves a hole in my pocket anyway, which sucks beans because I can't sew!

Simone's adventures said...

Hallo Stephen
I'm writing to help you. If you have problems with E-bay you should do the following step by step: Unplug your Computer, open the window, take the Computer and throw it out of the window. This is the way in the light, it will set you free. Believe me brother, that's the way it goes

Simon Bridgwater said...

Alternatively, I'm looking to get a desktop PC for my bedroom, so if you feel bad about throwing it out of the window you could just bring it right round here. I'll look after it!

Simone's adventures said...

But Simon
This is dangerous for your mind. You should run from temptation and not brining it right into your bedroom. Think before you act!

Lemony Snickett said...

This is SO weird!
Its like little voices in my head.
I got Simone on my left shoulder in an angel costume and Simon on my right in a red leotard, horns and a big fork! (...I think ive seen a dodgy video of the latter on some random website!)
Ste

Simone's adventures said...

It would be rather heavy if I would sit on your shouler. You're very strange stephen :-)