Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Theif in the night

Its my day off today (which is nice 'cause I had to work all weekend!).

Anyhoo, a guy from Barrats came to take photos of our house to put in their ad to sell our house.

I knew he was coming at 13:00 and so I could get the house looking 'up to scratch'.

Because I knew when to expect him I could get all the hoovering, dusting, polishing, washing up done aswell as putting away anything that didn't need to be out. And to improve the overall appearance of the house.

It got me thinking about the second coming (and Phil's song from sunday night!), but if we knew Jesus was coming back at 13:00 then we'd get all our stuff sorted.
All the mess that had accumulated over time would be dealt with, not straight away, but just in time to see His return. We would leave everything until the last minute.

I thank God that we don't know when Jesus is coming back, because the world would be more of a mess than it is now. Sure, we'd see mass conversions hours before He was due to return, but that isn't the point.
It's about living every day as if it's our last here on earth.

It's about looking at how and why we live our lives and asking ourselves "is this what Jesus wanted from me ?"

Jesus is coming back . . . so don't look busy, get busy!

Love you X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

COOL POST MANNNNNNNNNNNNNN U BLESS ME SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BRO LOL

HERE IS THAT SITE FOR LOST TOO http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Season_3

LISE XXXX