Thursday, January 18, 2007

Worship

I'm leading the worship again on sunday, and I never really thought about how much of an important job that is.
Before all it meant to me was that I had the task of picking the songs and have to ramble on in between them.
But after listening to a sermon about worship by Rob Bell, I discovered that leading the worship IS quite a big deal!
It should be guided by God. I should pray and meditate on His word, before asking Him to help me pick the songs, I should be open to let the worship time move freely in the direction that God wants.

I should be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
The words should be meant and not just sang.
I should put great words on His peoples lips.
I want to be SO much more for Jesus than I am now.
I want to stop letting God down over and over again.
I want to be an inspiration to the people I love, like the way I'm inspired by them.

I want to thank you, my christian brothers and sisters, for challenging me to do better.
To live my life the way I should.
Help me to put great words on your lips this sunday.

Love you x

No comments: