Thursday, January 04, 2007

Its the weirdest thing . . . .

This morning in my prayer time with God I got onto the subject of sin. Now I know this is one of those things we dont like talking about but . . . I was kinda beating myself up over the fact that even though I know Im forgiven of my sins (past, present and future) I didnt want to continually keep letting God down.

Each morning I make a habbit of saying sorry to God for the stuff ive done wrong the day before, but today I realised I was gonna do just as much wrong tomorrow aswell. This was kind of bugging me, and I know the idea is to strive to improve each day and to try to be more Christ-like, but I want to see better results! Everytime I seem to be improving and growing spiritually I fall back down.

I suppose its the getting back up again that counts.

Then I put on Nooma 0010 Lump (its the one with the little white ball) and it really spoke to me about this wrestling match that I'd been having with myself. Rob Bell says to his son who has done wrong "there is nothing you can do to make me love you any less". He goes on to say that this is how God feels about us. About me!
He knows Im a loser and rejoices in that fact.

There is nothing I can do to make Him love me any less!

Then in my bible time I turned to the book of Romans (which is written by Paul to the non-jews) and chapter 8 towards the end of the chapter (v38/39) it speaks of Gods love for us.

Nothing will ever be able to seperate us from the love of God
X

1 comment:

thej9 said...

Wow hubby! You truly learned stuff today! Having days off must be good for you, you'll have to do it more often, preferably when I'm not at work so you can share your awesome insights with me staight away! Love you snugs, J9 xxx