Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Mans gotsta do what the Mans gotsta do

Jonah 3:9
I was flicking through the channels the other day and I stumbled across the God channel (I would normally flick right past) but something made me hesitate. The broadcast was of some American minister preaching from the book of Isiah.
He was (in a round aboput way) telling the congregation to 'tell God what to do.'
His whole message was based on Isiah 45:11 ('concerning the work of my hands command ye me'). Do a double take on this passage; it's very clear that God is actually saying the opposite; that He is God, and will do what He will do. God invites and encourages our prayers and even suggestions but in the end, 'He is God'(Isa. 45:18)
Mission is about inviting everyone to have a relationship with God, to place their hopes, dreams and ambitions at His feet and allow Him to take charge of their destiny.
Here, in Jonah, the 'pagans' did better than the prophet
Similar to the 'pagan saliors' the king's decree expresses hope in God, rather than a demand (Jonah 3:9)
Pray with hope and don't pout when the answer doesn't come, or isn't what you wanted.
Love you x

No comments: