Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Instant answers (just add water!)

Jonah 4:4&5
Very oftern we (and I include myself in this!) are SO eager to hear God's answer to our prayer requests, that if we don't have an instant reply we assume God's not listening.
This is crazy.
Just because something isn't fitting in with our grand scheme doesn't mean its wrong.
Jonah thought along these lines (as he would cuz its a human reaction) and when he didn't get his own way and couldn't run away from this situation, he decided that God should just smite him and be done with it!
Sometimes when God moves, not everyone is pleased.
When Jesus first started his ministry gig he was performing miracles in his area (which was Galilee). This, as you could imagine, caused quite an interset and it wasn't long before crowds were gathering in little Galilee.
The locals weren't happy with the increase in tourists and so they asked Jesus to leave!
Can you imagine being so self-absorbed that you would rather not be in the presence of the son of God?
Love you x

1 comment:

Simone's adventures said...

Hallo, hallo and happy new year. I want to be in the presence of God, because he's cool - even when he doesn't give me everything I ask of him :-) Oh yea, Jonah and me, very good at complaining to God about stupid things, not realising that we speak to the One who created heaven and earth. I did learn a lot lately. Thans for your prayers Ste, I still need them as I'm still not the kid I used to be. love and hug