Monday, December 27, 2004

Bored of the rings? . . .No way!

Whassup?!
Today me and Janine are having a lord of the rings marathon day (a bit like the illustious 'Pokethon' day, but without those darn adorable poket monsters!)anyhoo, we are watching all three movies, and not only that but we are watching the extended versions (4 dics no less!).
After starting to watch the first movie I realised how many biblical references and similarities there are. (eg. orcs were once elves = satan and his minions were once angels)
To get you lazy bums to do something I am now officially setting a challenge... see how many biblical references and similarities you can find within the world of middle earth.
laters

2 comments:

Simon Bridgwater said...

Ok ok ok I've got one! LOTR is set a long time ago. So is the Bible!

I suck at this game, I don't have enough Lord of the Rings knowledge...

matt said...

Ah, I remember the Pokéthon... that was a cool day! We'll have to do it again. I can make a proper Pokémon Stadium challege and if you win you get a cool pokémon or something... but you won't be able to enter without a gameboy and pokémon fire red/leaf green... we could have it at the church on the projection screen! Pokéthon 2004/5: The Return!