Thursday, July 19, 2007

My wife ROCKS!

It would appear Gideon has become a little addicted to signs from God.

Some people would argue that this sign was very cheeky of Gideon. Not only was he 'testing' God but he also required a double-sign (on his terms!).

When originally reading this portion of the story, I found myself having this out-look on Gideon. However, my wife [Janine], opened my eyes to another possibility.

Another angle to look at this event . . . Gideon was showing belief and faith in God AND in the fact that he could do ANYTHING!

God obliged, probably due to Gideon's faith.

To me, it seemed Gideon was being presumptuous AND lacking in faith of the previous wine press sign. But to Janine, she saw a powerful understanding of who God is and what He is capable of.

Go Janine!

Love you x

1 comment:

Thej9 said...

Yay! I rock! Love you xxx