Thursday, April 19, 2007

Scared?

Since I last blogged 2 things have happend . . .

1) The first of our two evaluations on the house have been done
2) I have been "moved" to the Bilston store

BOTH of the events scare the hell out of me!

It is said that humans are creatures of habbit.

This is most deffinately true of me.

I like to know where I'm at and what I'm doing.

The idea that mine and Janine's future is in the hands of some random guy (from Skitts!) is terrifying!

The very thaught of not doing "auto-pilot" at work is worrying.

Ive read that worry is a sign of lack of faith (and/or trust) in God.

I don't want to have a lack of faith!
I want to be full of faith . . . . Faithful!!!

Anyhoo, I have spoken to Stef (assistant manager at Bilston) and she has put my mind at ease (a little!), but I don't want anymore nights of broken sleep over this.

Its just a job.

Its not me.

Its not what I am.

Is it?

Please pray for me, I could do with the backup!

Many thanks and blessings.

Love you X

2 comments:

matt said...

Like it says in Fight Club...

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet."

Your life is defined however you allow it to be.
Either God or fear, the world or a higher path. You will always make a decision one way or the other, rationally or subconciously, you'll always choose the path you life will follow.

You'll be fine, no worries! ;-p

James said...

I am praying for you (and for you both with the house...house stuff is always well scary, but don't worry about it, it all works out..)

I was listening to John Piper on the way to work today and he was talking about Romans 8:28, where it says that in ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose.

We often live our lives like we don't beleive this verse! I do every day! But if we are to take God at His promises, then we have to know that whatever is going on in our lives, good or bad, then He's working it out for our good. if we can trust Him with everything because of this, then we can have confidence in everything!

So just trust Him dude, whatever happens, God is using it all for your good, to make you more like Him and to bring Glory to Himself, while making your joy complete.

God is most Glorified in you, when you are most satisfied in Him.

God is infinitely trustworthy!

So, peace :)